Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Monday, February 7, 2011

Hearing In The Quietness of Snow


Today as I watch the snow coming down, I go into my pondering mode.  When the wind blows, you can hear it.  When the rain comes down, you can hear it hitting the ground, splashing on the cars, etc.  But no matter how hard and fast the snow comes, it falls…..soooooo……..quietly. Sshhh...no sound.  When I step outside into the falling snow, it is so peaceful, so quiet. Sshhh. Whatever was racing inside my head suddenly comes to a stand still.  I can hear Him saying, “Be still and know that I am God.”  Yes Lord, I am here in Your Presence.  The pure, driven snow seems to wash away my “to do” list and I hear once again…..My Son’s blood washed away your sins and you are as pure and white as this snow.”  I whisper quietly…thank you Lord!  The “to do” list seems so unimportant in this moment. Sshhh.

I think of the pond out there in the woods, my little sanctuary.  It must be frozen by now.  But my heart is warm; it’s healed.  There will be more circumstances tomorrow but I will remember the snow and I will stop and listen.  And God will guide me.  I will feel loved. And my heart will be at rest.

Quietness. . . . .do you hear it?  Do you hear Him?  What is he speaking ever so quietly to you?


36.   journals
37.   back rubs
38.   warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookies
39.  a cold glass of milk
40.  hot water
41.  pressing the piano keys and hearing music
42.  the dining room table with the whole family around it
43.  christmas card I rec'd today - today's date:  February 7 :)
44.  bars of soap that bubble big
45.  Podiums (Keith's and my first speaking engagement and I prayed for podium...it was there.
46.  Cottage Chapel
47.  red cardinal and blue bird on my deck
48.  personalized words on screen to me from precious people
49.  stillness
50.  colors
51.  footie pajamas for grown-ups
52.  glow in the dark stars
53.  breathing
54.  blankets- with God being so much more than just a throw on the bed or sofa
55.  Quilt made from scraps of old cloth given to me by an Aunt years ago along with other scraps from
       quilts and pillows made from loved ones.
56.  musty smell from the old hutch of my grandmothers day, it makes me smile
57. aprons - faded cotton, handmade by my grandmother with a kleenex in the pocket, because that is how
      she always carried one
58. seeing beauty in the ugly
59. seeing my younger son kneel at the alter
60. folding warm towels
 

No comments: