Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Saturday, November 19, 2016

My Thanksgiving From A to Z

A blogger friend wrote her Thanksgiving list from A to Z and I pondered. . .hhmmm. . .what would my A to Z list look like. . .


A ~ Acts of kindness. . .I have received many and it is fun to give them.

B ~ Balloons. . .You just cannot NOT be happy with balloons around.

C ~ Christopher. . .my son I can do "stupid" with.  ( the good, silly kind)

D ~ Doug. . .my supportive brother

E ~ Every lesson that God teaches me. . .even the hard because they make me grow

F ~ Faith. . .it keeps me moving
      Friends. . .they're like the bacon bits in your salad. . .they bring zing to your life.

G ~ God. . .the One who loves me most.

H~ Husband. . .(mine) supportive, loyal, deep thinker, loving, kind, would do anything for me, like
      cleaning up vomit when I'm too sick, without any wise cracks, or jumping up from a football
      game and fixing a broken glass hutch door (that I broke) because I needed it fixed before a
                     party.  What a guy!

I ~ Ice, crushed. Love my iced tea COLD.

J ~ Jehovah Jireh. . .my Provider

K ~ Kim. . .my supportive and beautiful sister

L ~ Love. . .who wouldn't be thankful for this?
       Laughter. . .can save the day.
       Leaves. . .colored leaves for the eyes to drink in and dry crunchy leaves for the wonderful smell.

M ~ Music . . .and maple syrup.

N ~ Nice people. . .because nice is just nice
       Not so nice people. . .because it gives me a chance to practice grace and patience.

O ~ Opened doors. . .the ones God pushes, nudges me through. . .because it takes me out of my
       comfort zone where huge blessings are.

P ~ Polka dots. . .because they just make me smile.
      Potatoes . . .mashed, fried, fries, baked, any ol way. . .so good!
      Prayer partners. . .love them all!

Q ~ Quiet. . .so peaceful and when I'm quiet, I hear from the Lord much better.

R ~ Raspberry jam. . .from toast to turkey.

S ~ Sunsets. . .they can be so gorgeous and it means bed time is coming.

T ~ Tim . . .son who put me through 19 hours of unmedicated labor. And I would do it all over
       again for him, because he is worth it.

U ~ Upbeat people. . .they're just fun.

V ~ Victory. . .in Jesus. O death, where is your sting?

W ~ Windless days. . .good for my thick, frizzy hair.

X ~ Xtra Ranch. . .because everything is good dipped in Ranch

Y~ Yahweh. . .the One who gave me new breath.

Z ~ Zebras . . . one of the many ways showing God's creativity. By the way, I learned they are black
       with white stripes, not the other way around.

There you have it. Some more serious than others, but still thankful for all. And of course, this is just a small list. . .I could go on and on. . .and I do. . .between Him and me.

"Gratitude bestows reverence. . ."

"Eucharisteo (thanksgiving) . . .opening the eyes wider, the heart deeper. . .giving thanks for what is, creates an appetite for more - not for more things, but for seeking more of God to give Him more glory."
Ann Voskamp

(looking for the "thanksgivings" is looking for love and giving it back)

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving holiday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to see you back! I have wonderful memories of our time in Kentucky and the time you and I were neighbors is part of those moments. That goes on my thanksgiving list. Deborah

Kristin Bridgman said...

Deborah!!! If you can see this, please write me and tell me where you are.