Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

An Introvert Walks Into A Radio Booth and. . .




This introverted housewife walked into a radio booth because of everywhere else God had her walking: places like under bridges, into old, abandoned barns, to the downtown park benches to meet her homeless neighbors. The God led her into the publishing world and said now it is time to tell the world where I took you and why.

I've learned over the years even though I may have been happy in my comfortable little bubble of a comfort zone, God has so much more for us out there in His great big world. And when I stepped out with Him, OH MY, the blessings that are just around the corner! He sees the big picture and says, "Come with me, I have so much to show you, so much to teach you, Come."

This introverted housewife could not say no for He had done so much for her. She loves her Lord and so with shaky hand, she took hold of His and into the booth they went. But I must say, the lady behind the desk with all the radio buttons could not have been more happy, friendly, and made this introvert so comfortable. I just loved her!

And so with deep breath, the introvert stepped up to the great big yellow microphone, looked at her sweet announcer and away they went. . .(click on link below to hear)




Where has God led you? Were you scared? Excited? Did you experience blessings? Learn lessons? I would love to hear, please do share. I am encouraged and strengthened even more when I hear your stories.

Blessings,
Kris

5 comments:

Denise said...

You are amazing.

Emily said...

From one introvert to another...you are brave :)

Joy said...

You are such a blessing. I listened to the interview and so good to hear your voice and be inspired!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE the title to this blog post...probably because I am an introvert, too. Kris, I just think all you have done is so amazing. I'm so proud of you.

a joyful noise said...

I can just hear the prompter saying speak up the world is listening! Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.” http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/