Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Friday, August 16, 2013

An Emotional Day


           
Emotions. . .that is what I had plenty of on this particular day several years ago . A little girl near and dear to my heart had her heart broke for the second time in her young life.  My heart was breaking for her.  I cried tears of sadness for this situation and for her, and I was angry at another. 

            That night I cried tears of joy for someone else.  I found out my younger son had just led a friend to the Lord.  They prayed the sinner’s prayer together and a new name was written in the Book of Life.  What better news could a parent hear than that their child led someone to the Lord?

            Emotions. . .can be so draining!  Job, in his grief tore his robes and shaved his head.  Job 1:22 says, “In all this, Job did not sin…”  God created us human beings with emotions, some of us more emotional than others.  Even Jesus wept. It is not wrong to feel or show them.  We would be robotic if we didn’t.

            Again, Job spoke out in anguish and complained from his soul.  God already knows how we are feeling, so let’s be open with God and gain His perspective on an anguishing situation and receive godly wisdom in how to deal with those sad situations.  And in the situations that bring tears of joy, let’s not forget to go to the Lord with praise on our lips, as did the people in Ezra.  After lying the foundation of the temple there was much emotion.  Chapter 3, verse 13 in Ezra says, “No one could distinguish the sound of the shouts of joy from the sound of weeping, because the people made so much noise.  And the sound was heard far away.”

            Emotions. . .what is the lesson with them?  I think the lesson is its ok to grieve over the sadness but not to sin in that grief and/or anger, and to praise and rejoice in the grace and goodness of our Heavenly Father. We should not let our emotions ride over our common sense and to seek the godly wisdom that comes from the Lord.

            So I grieved for a little girl and rejoiced over a teen-ager.  But in my grief, I had peace because I knew His grace and goodness could work in her life also.  I continued to be her friend, prayed for her, prayed for the others I didn’t feel well towards, and I rejoiced for having her in my life.

            Today one of my dearest friends is sitting by her sister's bed watching her prepare to meet her Savior face to face. I know my friend is worn out, sad, grieving, praying, and just running over with emotion. But she, her sister and her family love the Lord and are leaning on him in the tiredness and sickness and rejoicing that they know where their loved one will be going, a place where there is no more sickness, no more pain, no more tears. Yes, we can rejoice in that!
 
            Emotions. . .that could be my middle name. I was worn out the above mentioned night. I cry now for my friend. But don’t worry.  I haven't shaved my head and I have always been ready to praise. I can still be an emotional mess at times but I am stocked up with Kleenexes in my prayer closet, prayers in my soul, and praise in my heart.
 
If you wouldn't mind, I know my readers are prayer warriors so would you please pray for my friend Jennie, her sister Joanna and the family she is surrounded by.
Thank you!

5 comments:

Jennie Lathrop said...

Interestingly enough, I have been reading through the Bible and just finished the book of Job this morning.
"Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" Job 2:10 "Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him." Job 13:15
"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see Him with my own eyes-I and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" Job 19:25-27
"But He know the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed His steps, I have kept to His way without turning aside. I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread." Job 23:10-12 (this is most definitely the testimony of Joanna!)

Anonymous said...

Dear LORD, You know these precious girls/ family that need you and need you to enter their lives and family. Allow your Will to be done in them! In Jesus Name~ Amen~ ♥♥♥

Reformed rebel said...

Praying for all.

Joy said...

I can so relate to you coz I am an emotional woman from top to bottom, but I am a thankful woman too:)
Have a blessed day and wanna pray right now.

Denise said...

I will be praying.