Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Matthew 25:35-37


For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat. . .
 
 
 
 
 
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. . .
 
 
 
 
I was a stranger and you invited me in.
 
 
 
 
I needed clothes and you clothed me. . .
 
 
I was sick and you looked after me. . .
 


 
I was in prison and you came to visit me.
 
 
(Pictures are from the Homeless Outreach Ministry at our community's bridge.)
 
Many churches and people in our community come together to give in one way or another. This is not a Baptist or Methodist, etc. ministry. This is a Gospel action ministry
 
It is one thing to read the Holy Words of the Bible. And it is another to witness the words in action. As I stand around the bridge area and watch our volunteers hand out food, drink, care, friendship, a listening ear, prayer. . .I get goosebumps. I see these words moving and I feel God's presence and I thank God every Tuesday evening that he pulled me out of the boat, out of the comfort zone, out of my insecurities. . .and led me into something I would have never gone into on my own.
 
"He doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"
 
That's you and me guys!
 
 
I pray this will encourage you. . .if you are in sitting in a comfort zone, are sitting in the boat looking out but scared. . .just reach for HIS Hand and let Him lead. I guarantee that you will not be sorry.  I can't guarantee that everything will be rosy and cheery because that's not life. . .He didn't promise roses and happiness in our life. . .but I can tell you, that if you let Him lead you, you will experience more joy, love, and peace than you ever will in the comfort of that boat, or that sofa, or in whatever comfort zone you are in.
 
 
This little boy showed up at the bridge with these on. I showed it on facebook.
 
A week later he was putting on new shoes someone had donated for him. 
 
 
 Vs. 37 : Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?  When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?"
 
The King will reply, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
 
Walking in shoes that fit and carrying a bag with shorts, underwear, socks, and two new swim suits, also donated by caring people.
 
He was SO happy.  So were we.
 
That is the Gospel in action.
 
 
Is God asking you to step out of the boat?
Where is He leading you?
What's holding you back? Or have you already lept out?
I'd like to hear:)
 
 
linking with
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

Susan said...

Whatever you do for the least of these....
The pic of the little boy, my grandson's size and probably, age just moves me to compassion...
Could be any of us or any of ours - grace

Unknown said...

This just thrills my heart - my prayer is this post would light fires in the hearts of all who read, that we would live out the calling He has for us.

Jenifer Metzger said...

Amen and amen, Kris. Your posts always inspire and bring me to tears. God bless you sweet lady!

Thanks for linking up with Woman to Woman's Word Filled Wednesday! Please join us again next week.

Cynthia said...

What a wonderful post. I love what you are doing. thank you, for inspiring all of us to ACT, now!

Maryellen said...

encouraging and convicting!

Beth Zimmerman said...

So precious!

Joy said...

What a wonderful work of God through you. Inspirational. Yes, we have to be channels of blessing. Show God's love to others through good works.
Thanks for being an example.

Denise said...

Amen, faith in action.

Ren said...

This was wonderful.. Inspiring and motivating.. Thank you!

Oh, I found you through "Prowess and Pearls" Link up..

Michell Pulliam said...

As always...absolutely beautiful Kristen!! Yes, we all are called to the ministry of helping other! We are to be like our Savior...He demonstrated the Kingdom to others! Thanks for the Kingdom work you're doing my friend and thanks for linking up! Have a blessed upcoming week!!