Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Friday, May 3, 2013

Wrecked, Messiness, and Love

( A repost because. . .sometimes we get wrecked and need a little encouragement)

 
 
 

The man came out of the woods reeking of alcohol and slurred his words. He talked loudly. He had told me earlier in the weeks behind us that he had been sober for 10 months. It was a lie. I called him on it and he began to cry. He was ashamed. He said he was unworthy. I told him to never say that.

I told him we had a God that was much bigger than alcoholism and any other circumstance we find ourselves in. He cried some more. I asked him to give God another chance. He didn't want to show up and lose his dignity. But God wants us to come just as we are. He says "Come to me and I will make you new". My husband and I took this mans hands and my husband prayed a beautiful prayer for this one in front of us.

It won't be easy but God promises to hold us. "Do not fear, do not be dismayed for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my Righteous Right Hand. Isaiah 42:10

Life can be so messy when we take our eyes off Jesus. But Jesus doesn't leave, we do. He is always there, waiting with open arms. So shouldn't we do the same. Standing and confronting a drunk man in love is not in my comfort zone. But then Jesus hanging on the cross for my sins was not in his comfort zone either. But he did it. He didn't walk away. We don't like to hear the dirty, messy tales of lives, but they are all over the place.

A woman in my ABF class came upon a young pregnant girl sitting on the curb of a street crying.

google image

My friend stopped and talked with her and heard her story. With several phone calls going back and forth, numbers were given to this young girl where help could be found. My ABF friend could have kept on driving and said a "quick" prayer for her, but she decided to stop and enter into the messiness of this girl's life. I know it was heartbreaking but I bet if asked of my friend, she would tell you she was blessed to have the opportunity to issue grace. And in her stopping to talk with the young lady on the curb, my friend's little girl was finding pieces of paper in the car writing "Jesus loves you" and giving them to the girl. Little girls issuing grace also. What a sight!

Yes, life is messy if your eyes are open and you choose to look. It's dirty and heartbreaking and in the mess, blessings and grace abound!

From Jeff Goins, the author of Wrecked, When a Broken World Slams into Your Comfortable Life
Go for broke. Choose the hard option. Do what comfort screams "no"to - what will ultimately shape you and help others. It my be counterintuitive or against what you've been taught, but do it anyway. Step into inconvenience. Welcome the anxiety that comes with doing the right choice. And be wrecked.
This is the only kind of wreck I know of where we should actually go out looking for. And in the frustration and mess and tears. . .there is love. . .incredible, unconditional love!
Go on. . .get wrecked!
I did and I wouldn't go back and change it.
If you have any inkling of stepping into inconvience and getting wrecked and being blessed, then I highly recommend you reading this book

If you do, please share with me, I would love to hear!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome.

Shari England said...

Wonderful Kristin. I have the book. Now just need to read it. Thank you so much. I so love your heart.