Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Monday, April 15, 2013

sqeak or ROAR!

What I heard one Sunday. . .

Becoming a Lion Chaser. . .yeah! I've been asking for the Lord to fill me with boldness for years and He gives it to me when I need it. Over the years I have felt more like a little mouse, peeking out from a little hole before venturing out.
Yeah, kind of like that.

And when I do get my boldness, I'm kind of like this. . .

still a mouse, but with my armor on. . .which is good!

But after listening to a lesson on becoming a lion chaser like David, writing down the characteristics such as these. . .

standing firm
defying the odds
facing fear
reframe the problems
takes risks
seizes opportunities
willing to look foolish
knows that God is bigger than any problem
not afraid to do what looks ridiculous to others because with God anything is possible
learn how to see problems in a new way~God's way
not focusing on what's wrong but what is right with God . . .

there is something better. . . I don't want to be the little mouse anymore, even in the little armor suit. . .

What is it that keeps me from being bold at times? Fear and insecurity, weapons of the enemy. Yes, there have been times I have stepped out of the comfort zones but as the little mouse with the suit on. God was with me but I let the enemy still be on my heels. I leaned into God and took strength from that. But God is behind me, beside me, in front of me, and in me, so there is no need to fear. I don't just need to hide in my God, I can face down the enemy with my God, and this is how that will look. . .


Oh yeah! That's gonna be me! To the enemy.
I am woman, hear me roar!
My God is with me, off I'll soar!

Do you squeak or do you roar?
If you are still squeakin', let God fill you up so much with Himself, with His Word, that when the enemy comes nippin' at your heels, you can turn around with the boldness of a lion and ROAR in the name of Jesus!
Then you can become a lion chaser, chasing down your own giants. You probably won't need a stone like David, but God will equip you with whatever you need. Rely on Him and stand strong.
ROAR!
 
 
linking with


 
 
 

12 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

I dunno. Have you read ... I think it was Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia)? Reepacheep could do some pretty serious damage to the enemy simply because they overlooked him and his kind! I think maybe God has a use for armor wearing mice! But you go, girl! Roar!

Floyd said...

Awesome post! "If God be for us, who can stand against us?" The lion prowling around seeking to devour us can't stand against us when we have the power of our Father who provides the very breath to all life... His power within our weakness... Only with God...

Reformed rebel said...

I hear you roarin' all the way out here in Idaho! You Go Girl!!!

Unknown said...

Just the imagery you shared, resonated. I think I often "man up" to the of a ferocious mouse! When chains of fear, insecurity, doubt and failure hold me back from lioness. Christ does fight for us in our weakness, but also calls us to put on the armor. I wonder how often sin holds us back from fully sliding behind that shield of faith. Thanks for sharing!

Noeline Clare-Talbot said...

Thank you once again for sharing so honestly. Bless you for your encouragement.

Denise said...

I totally agree.

a joyful noise said...

Thank you for sharing at "Tell Me a Story." I loved your example of sqeeking or roaring. Your mouse with his armor on was appropriate when it was time to do battle. superman did not wear his cape all the time. But when there was a need, he immediately changed into another person. With the Holy Spirit guiding us, we too can do exploits for Jesus. Thank you for being bold!!

Unknown said...

I needed to hear this today. Sometimes I am such a squeaker. I loved when you said, "learn how to see problems in a new way~God's way." This will make all the difference! Thank you for your encouragement.

Blessings~
Shari

thefisherlady said...

The enemy is a toothless lion before us... we have a full set of dentures in Jesus :) Roar girl... Roar

She Stands said...

Roar girl Roar!!!! Awesome post!!!
Thank you for sharing :)
Blessings!!!

Unknown said...

I love the mouse with armor! But seriously, what you said here is such an encouragement!!

caryjo said...

Well, I'm generally a "roarer"... but sometimes wrong place, wrong time. I have to trust the Lord to turn things around. I have had a flag on my porch for nearly 10 years that shows a Lion with a crown and the words are "The Lion of Judah". I am fearful occasionally, but too afraid to show it, so, usually, the old tightness kicks into my face. HE IS MY LION and I can trust Him and and let Him help me grow and grow stronger as His. A mix.

Neat post.