Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Love Is A Many Splendored Thing


Love…the word is used in so many ways…I love my husband, I love my children, I love chocolate, I love thunderstorms, I love to write. There is parental love, brotherly love, true love, puppy love, and unconditional love. If I wanted to get a little theological, I could mention that agape, eros, and phileo are the three kinds of love mentioned in the Bible. But I’m not much of a theological kind of gal. I would be more into poetry. When I ponder on this subject, I can’t help but think of a line from one of Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s poems…”How do I love thee, let me count the ways.” If God expressed this line, here is how He might answer…
 
“I loved thee enough to create a beautiful world for you to live in.”
“I loved thee enough to make you an individual with your own mind, not a robot, but one with free will to make your own choices.”
“I loved thee enough to give you My Word to guide you in this world, to give you direction in making wise choices, to show you grace and mercy when you make bad choices, and to show my love through these pages.”
“I loved thee enough to give you beautiful sunrises and sunsets, beautiful sounds, fragrant flowers, and people to love and be loved by.
“I loved thee enough to give you unconditional love, not a love based on feelings or emotions, or works by you.”
“I loved thee enough to not give you all the answers on the earth, so you would learn about trust, to have faith, so we could have a lifetime of building a relationship, to have the fun of learning, so you could experience blessings each day, and learn to be a blessing to others.”
“I loved thee enough to allow my Son to leave our kingdom to come be born on earth, to grow, to teach, and then to be mocked, tortured, and hung on the cross to die so your sins could be forgiven once and for all.”
“I loved thee enough to raise him from the grave to show victory over death, to show you that you can claim victory over death if you so choose.”
 
If we were to answer this toward God, how would it sound? It could sound like this…
“How do I love thee?
I’ll let you know when my television shows are over, when my work is done, when I get some time off, when the vacation is over, after I’ve lived my life my way for awhile. I’ll let you know tomorrow, next week, next year, or…

OR, it could sound like this…
 
“I love thee enough to serve others in Christ name.”
“I love thee enough to love the unlovable, to show your mercy and grace because you’ve shown me the same.”
“I love thee enough to build a relationship with you continually.”
“I love thee enough to have an ongoing dialogue with you and yet be still also to listen for your voice.”
“I love thee enough to stop and smell your fragrant flowers, to stop and take in the beauty of your sunrises and sunsets, and to reach out and form friendships, sharing your love with them and my family.”
“I love thee enough to accept your Son as my Lord and Savior, loving Him also for wiping my sins away, making me new, because of His sacrifice.”
“I love thee enough to not forsake you when I’m around others, not to forsake you in my day to day living, to not forsake you in my thoughts or words.”
“I love thee enough to model things that are true, noble, just, pure, and lovely.”
“I love thee enough to forgive others, because you forgave me.”
“I love thee enough to care about what you care about, to grieve over the things you grieve over, and rejoice over the things you rejoice over.”
“I love thee enough to let love be my greatest aim.”
 
When love comes from God and we can learn to love with this same kind of love…it is “a many splendored thing.”

 
 linking with

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of God's love and what my response should be.

Quiltingranny said...

Amazing post and reminder!

Jennie Lathrop said...

I love Him.
I love you.
And I love this post!

a joyful noise said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on LOVE, at "Tell Me a Story." We do use the word Love to cover a multitude of meanings. God loves us unconditionally and was willing to give up his very own Son to save us from our sins.
Such is the amazing grace of our Lord.

Simply Beth said...

Perfect timing that I would read your post today. I just started reading a book called, "Love Walked Among Us." It's all about learning to love like He loves us. Thank you for what you shared.
I was particularly drawn to your introduction when you come to the blog. I could identify with so much of what you shared.
So glad God called you to write! Keep on writing.
Beth

Denise said...

Such a wonderful post.

caryjo said...

Good thinking, good sharing, good insight.

Thank you.

Pamela said...

My husband quoted the "How Do I Love Thee" poem to me on our wedding day. He learned to love from God's love. And He loves His God best!