Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cherry Pie and Blessings

I hadn't been feeling well at all for a few days, my husband was out of town for a week and I was feeling low. Lonely for him, my body was rebelling for some unknown reason and I was tired, really, really tired! I was even too tired to read my bible or devotionals. I cried out to God to help me feel better. I made myself get up the 3rd day of not feeling well to go to the small IGA up the road for some milk and bananas.  I don't know how I happened to pass the frozen section, but I did and as I was rolling along slowly. . .so I could gaze at all the goodies in their boxes. . . I spotted this. . .


and I it was all I could do to not cry.  I might have let the tears fall but there was a young stock boy just up from me loading merchandise and I didn't want to freak him out. Why did I want to cry?  I saw the cherry pie and immediately my mind went to my grandma who made the best homemade cherry pies on earth!  My mother and grandmother were the best bakers I ever knew.  My grandmother has been gone for years now and my mom lives 750 miles away.

Can a grown woman still cry out "I want my mommy!"  or "I want my grandma!"  Don't worry, I only cried in my soul, not out loud. Remember, the stock boy up ahead;)  Feeling lonely and sick did a number on me for just a little while.  I bought the pie in the box and brought it home.  While not like my grandmothers, Marie Callenders is pretty good!  I wonder if she's a grandmother?

As I was eating this warm, delicious cherry goodness, I suddenly felt at peace and smiling inside once again.  Isn't it just like God to lead me to a pie in a store to bring me just what I needed.  Yes, cherry pie brought me good memories but it also gave me comfort.  Not just in the pie, but from my Lord who sees and hears all my thoughts and feelings and comes to my rescue. He did it with a heart in a tree one Spring day at the pond. . .and on this day He rescued me with a cherry pie in a cardboard box.

And so, in my gratitude journal for that evening, I wrote. . .
 
#1713 ~ all the simple, little ways God speaks and touches me
#1714 ~ all the senses God gave so I can sense more of Him
#1715 ~ cherry pie in a box

By the end of the third evening, I felt like opening up my bible again and look what I came across. . .

O taste, and see that the Lord is good!
Psalm 34:8
:)

 
How has God comforted you, blessed you today or any day besides with His Word?
Oh, there are SO many ways if we just look and listen and smell and feel and taste
~Please do share~


linking with



12 comments:

Unknown said...

We all yell out " I miss my mama " sometimes!

Lori Dupes said...

Boy it seems we both must be going through the same thing! I've been missing my mom and grandma (and sister) too. Tears can come at the strangest times. I'm glad the Lord brought you to that isle and yes, I bet Marie Callender is a grandma! Oh what a day of rejoicing it will be when we can come face to face with our missed Loved ones.

Quiltingranny said...

I will join you on this one, I miss my mom so much! She was the one person when I got as sick as I am now that just hearing her voice could make me feel better! She made a wicked Cherry pie.

a joyful noise said...

I understand cherry's are very good for you and something in that pie brought comfort and also healing for your sickness. It is amazing how God can meet us in the grocery store and bring back precious memories to sooth our weary day. Thank you for sharing at "Tell Me a Story."

joy said...

I am glad you were comforted with the pie and felt better after.

Gos is really good. He sustains us with everything we need.

Today, I thank God for a box of chocolate I received from a dear old lady and three centerpiece I won from a lottery where I work:)

Denise said...

Precious memories can be so very comforting.

Floyd said...

I think that is really cool. I also think that all of us are just older... We're still just little boys and girls who've lived here a little longer. This reminds me of my grandma's peach cobbler... I haven't thought of that in years...

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Kristin, for me it is the smell of homemade bread. It makes my heart cry out like you, "I want my Momma!" She made the best of breads and to this day, I would rather have a loaf of homemade, hot bread than anything else on earth. I'm glad you bought the pie. . . and ate it! Such a sweet gift from God!!!!

Shelly Miller said...

Isn't it amazing how the smell or sight of something random conjures up all kinds of memories. I was thinking about how our weather right now reminds me of my teenage years laying out on a beach towel in the grass. Thanks for linking up with us.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Love this! Little unexpected moments of miraculous grace!

Shari said...

I love your heart and the way you express your feelings. I'm so thankful God watches over our every need. I hadn't heard of and IGA store in a long time. We used to have them in Washington about 30 years ago. I always loved those stores. :)

Blessings~
Shari

Duane Scott said...

At least you have the memories.
Some people don't even have them.

Blessings and I know that hurt.

-DS