Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Waiting

 
 
 

What makes us wait?  For a mother to be, she has to wait 9 months for her precious babe to enter the world.  And then there is the labor.  For some of us, like me, I had to wait 19 hours before my precious first born came out to meet me.  My husband and I waited 18 years to see our precious one walk across the stage in cap, gown, and honors cord to receive his high school diploma.  Keith and I waited for 12 years to see if our prayers would be answered when finally the letter came stating our first born was awarded the 4 year scholarship to college.  At the end of the first semester, we received another letter stating our son had lost his scholarship because he had made poor choices in deciding after 7 weeks, and behind our backs, to not go to school anymore.  For the past 6 years, we have waited for our prodigal to return.  He came, he left, he came, he left.  He still has not returned all the way.  We still wait.

 

Abraham had to wait 25 years for the fulfillment of a promise.  After Noah was told to build the ark, he waited 120 years for the rain to come.  The Israelites waited 40 years before seeing the Promised Land.

 

Waiting happens for all kinds of reasons.  Some are physical, some wait because of disobedience, lessons needing to be learned, others need to make choices and sometimes because God’s timing is different from our own.

 

God promises to never leave us or forsake us.  I know this first hand.  In all my waitings, He has been right there. I wasn’t always patient in the beginning for waiting is not easy.  But in the waiting, God is teaching me more and more to trust Him completely. . .in everything. Learning that kind of trust builds those spiritual muscles that keep us from slipping down into a pit. Those muscles becoming stronger is what gets us out there with a smile on our face, feeling compassion for others, serving and focusing elsewhere while our heart is waiting in stillness.

 

Speaking of hearts, how patient Jesus must be to wait for all of us to come to Him, to open the door of our hearts and invite Him in.  “Behold, I stand at the door and knock…”.  He waited 12 years for me.  How long did He wait for you?  Is He still waiting?

 

I’m waiting with the light on at the door.  He’s waiting for you to open the door.  He’s holding out the greatest gift ever.  If you’ve excepted it, then you and I are waiting for something else ~ something glorious ~ ‘Come Lord Jesus”.

 

If you haven’t, open that door and accept. . . “Come Lord Jesus.”   I promise you will never regret it.

 
In the devotional, Streams in the Desert, it says this. . .

 

      Waiting with hope is very difficult, but true patience is expressed when we must even wait for hope.  When we see no hint of success yet refuse to despair, when we see nothing but the darkness of night through our window, yet keep the shutters open because stars may appear in the sky, and when we have an empty place in our heart yet will not allow it to be filled with anything less than God’s best ~ that is the greatest kind of patience in the universe.

     Dear Lord, You have made waiting beautiful and patience divine.  You have taught us that Your will should be accepted, simply because it is Your will.

 

Know that His eyes see further than ours.  That is how I can wait for precious one to return all the way.  I trust Him to do what He thinks best, I know He loves precious one more than I, I know He always has His eye on him. I pray for His will to be done, and I trust and I hope and I wait.

 

      I will have reached the point of greatest strength once I have learned to wait for hope.”  George Matheson

 

God is behind my precious one.  I will continue to wait with joy because of the One who is always there and never leaves. 

 

Are you waiting for something or someone?  Are you waiting impatiently or with hope?  Let Him give you the strength.

 

By faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope.

Galatians 5:5

 

"I wait for the Lord, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope".

Psalms 130:5 
 
 
linking with
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

6 comments:

Denise said...

Amen.

Shakin' the Foundation said...

This hit a huge mark with me today! Thank you my sweet friend for such a touching post and inspiring post.

Amen!!!!

Blessings,
Stacey

S. Knowles said...

Wonderful and encouraging.

Anonymous said...

I was so encouraged by this. Thank you! Prayed for your son tonight. xoxo

Helene said...

This was beautiful. It is so hard to wait on God. I'll say a prayer for your son.

a joyful noise said...

In Jesus name I challenge a special angel to chase your boy down and tackle him to his knees. Commas but no period yet. Thanks for sharing at "Tell Me a Story."