Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Friday, November 30, 2012

Day #30~I am thankful for my God because. . .

1) He forgives
2) He is caring and compassionate
3) He fights for me
4) He will pass through the waters for me
5) His words are trustworthy
6) He shows unfailing kindness
7) He continues to love me when I am unlovable
8) He is the same yesterday, today, and forever
9) He is faithful to His promises
10) He watches over my loved ones when I cannot
11) He will wipe away every tear
12) His right hand sustains me
13) He is my rock and my redeemer
14) He restores my soul
15) He drives out fear
16) He lifted me out of a slimy pit
17) He gives a peace that passes all understanding
18) He lights my path
19) His judgments are true and just
20) He heals the brokenhearted
21) His grace is sufficient for me
22) He teaches me to be content whatever the circumstances
23) He gives me rest when I am weary
24) He gave His Son as a ransom to set me free
25) He raised His Son from death to conquer and gain the victory
26) He is bigger than the storms
27) His love is based on His character and not my performance
28) He is a reconciler
29) He is a friend giver
30) He and only He offers eternal life.

I did the 30 days of thankfulness for the month of November, but I have been journaling my thankfulness, my blessings, Eucharisteo for the last two years and it has become a way of life.  Yes, I have been thankful all my life, but after reading Ann Voskamp's book "one thousand gifts", it has taken on a whole other dimension.  It has sharpened my focus and God has been brought in even closer than I could have imagined. Counting has become a way of life for me and I will continue on. . .from the scent of new spring blossoms, to the tiny spots on a ladybug's back. . .from the wildflower bouquet smelling of maple to the husband who brought the bouquet to me. . .the gift of letting go to the gift of finding joy in sorrow.

Ann says it best, so I will let her words speak to you now. 
 
"Is eucharisteo (thanksgiving) opening the eyes wider, the heart deeper? Is this paradox-that giving thanks for what is, creates an appetite for more-not for more things, but for seeking more of God to give more glory? Looking is love."
 
"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world."
 
"naming offers the gift of recognition-the naming of moments is truly a holy work"
 
"When I give thanks for the seemingly microscopic, I make a place for God to grow within me. This makes me full, and I "magnify Him with thanksgiving."
 
"Dare to live fully right where you are. . .opening the hand to recieve the moments."

From Jesus Calling Devotional. . .

"Every time you thank Me, you acknowledge that I am your Lord and Provider. This is the proper stance for a child of God: receiving with thanksgiving.  Bring Me the sacrifice of gratitude and watch to see how much I bless you."
 



At all times and for everything always giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.
Ephesians 5:20

and to all my friends who come here. . .I am thankful for each one of you!


GO FIND IT ;)
 
 

4 comments:

Denise said...

I hope your weekend is filled with beautiful blessings.

Anonymous said...

beautiful...and Ann’s book took me deeper into living a life of thanks...it is transforming my heart and life. blessings to you~

Stacie said...

Ooh, Kristin, I love your list about how great God is.

#1, #8 &9, #11 & 12, #16, #20 really speak to me!

So, so grateful! Like my Granny used to say, "I'm thanking and praising God for Who He is to me right now!"

Aritha V. said...

Kristin, blesses adventstime! I love this thankful blog.