Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Week 3. . .Perspectives



Week 3. . .it was a gray, drizzly, rainy early evening in the park at the mouth of the bridge.  We all stood around waiting.  They came up to us one by one.  They were offered hot soup from the crockpot and Panera bread.  We heard their stories one by one; the couple living out of their car in the store parking lot, the one with the bright blue eyes, living in a tent behind an abandoned building, the one living under the bridge for almost a year now.  He was anxiously awaiting a job interview the next morning.  The one from the tent opened up more this week, seeming to enjoy the company and the conversation.  The friend from under the bridge sipped his soup and shared his thoughts, his desires, his prayers.

This friend has a motorcycle that had died and was sharing with me how he needed a special tool and he would be able to figure out which part was not working.  I had no idea about this tool.  But one of the volunteers, a little lady just happened to walk up to us as he mentioned the tool and she heard.  She said, 'Oh, I have one of those. Let me go home and get it and you can borrow it for as long as you need."  She went home and brought it back.  I'm thinking. . .A God moment!  So did our friend.

These people who came this evening came with a tiredness in their eyes, a little frustration beneath the surface, but all were so friendly and polite and strong. The make it through each day with hardly anything, the things we take for granted, they do without and yet they smile and they go on from day to day. 

Our human spirit it stronger than I think we realize.  I think if I was in their shoes, I could not make it.  But where is the faith in my God with that kind of thinking?  I wonder sometimes if the people on the streets are not stonger than I. 

I'm just an average middle class woman but they would think I live like a queen.  Perspective is a strange word.  I have felt that my family struggles from time to time.  They would think they were royalty if they lived like we do. Others would look at our park guests and think they were bums.  I look at them and I see beautiful people who want to be loved.

I go home each week with tears in my eyes.  I'm not sure if it's just for them or if it's for the others out there who do not know our park guests and have their perspectives wrong.  It's such a shame.  The ones we meet out there on the streets, at the mouth of the bridge, in the park. . .creations of God. His perspective? I hear it being whispered in the breeze out there. . .Grace. Mercy. Love. I think I'll stick with His perspective.

linking with
















2 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you, praying for you.

Lisa Maria said...

Great post, Kris. I'll choose His perspective too. Even though I drive a 16 year old car that everyday is a little closer to car heaven, I feel guilty for having it when I see people walking, waiting for transport in the hot sun or rain, with little children and parcels. Then, an expensive SUV flies by me, a huge pick up truck cuts in front, BMWs and all kinds of fancy cars unconcernedly speeding by and I think I'm like the little fish in this big pond.

Isn't life crazy? We can live side by side with extreme poverty and excessive richness and none to bridge the gap. Thank God for your compassionate heart and the work you and your friends are doing. You are, as always, in my prayers.

Love & Blessings to you!