I love that man O mine! Just four days shy now of loving this man for 31 years. Is he perfect? No. I won't mention the candy wrappers he leaves on the tables, or the sock he leaves on the floor, or leaves the door open and the lights on. Does any of this bother me? No! Ok, ok. . . I might grit my teeth every once in awhile. BUT. . .this man o mine loves me. I won't mention the times I've been cranky and he loves me through it. I won't mention that I can lose my patience from time to time, or I let my perfectionist bug come to the surface from time to time, or that sometimes I just want my way. No, I wouldn't want you all to know that!
I found the little box I had given this man O mine in the early days of wedlock. We were dirt poor because he had gone back to school. For an anniversary gift one year I gave him this box filled with 50 slips of paper telling him why I loved him. Thirty one years later, I read them again and find he hasn't changed. . .oh that's not true. . .he just gets better and better. I'm going to share these fifty little pieces of paper. You might not find this enjoyable but I think he might so here I go. . .( in no particular order and remember, I was young.
1. I love you for frying me bacon and scrambling me eggs late at night when I was craving them.
2. I love you for letting me have a cat when you had no desire for one at the time.
3. I love you for being silly at times.
4. I love you for overseeing my faults.
5. I love you for allowing me to express my opinions and talking with me without laughing at such
6. I love you for taking me out for drives when I just want to get out.
7. I love you for enjoying the simple things.
8. I love you for wanting me to be happy.
9. I love you for staying with me when a situation gets uncomfortable.
10. I love you for seeing enough in me to want me as your wife.
11. I love you for letting me quit my job when I was unhappy.
12. I love you for liking my family and willingness to help and give to them.
13. I love you because you'll get out of the car on the highway, hop a barbed wire fence to pick
mistletoe off the top of trees for me.
14. I love you for being with me when I was ready to become friends with mom again and you became
friends with her too.
15. I love you because you don't bawl me out when I overdraw the checking account.
16. I love you for smiling and accepting tuna sandwiches for dinner.
17. I love you for wanting to raise our future children with morals and values and love.
18. I love you for saving your last one or two dollars a week before payday so you could by me an
19. I love you for letting me cross-stitch for hours.
20. I love you for buying me popsycles and 7-UP when I'm sick.
21. I love you for smiling when I'm not.
22. I love you for taking me out to dinners when we can't really afford it.
23. I love you for always letting me sit with you in a one person chair.
24. I love you because you appreciate nature and the heavens.
25. I love you because you wanted to give food to the church anonomously, leaving it outside by the door and didn't worry about
the food being stolen because you said, "If someone steals food, they needed it and that's what
the food was for anyway."
26. I love you because you always come home to me.
27. I love you for making me french toast at breakfast time and making it special with powdered
28. I love you for not embarrassing me in front of people
29. I love you for going back to school to better our lives.
30. I love you for kissing and saying "Good-bye" in the mornings.
31. I love you for wanting to and enjoying feeding the birds in the winter.
32. I love you for helping me with the laundry when I don't want to go to the laundromat alone.
33. I love you for reading books with me.
34. I love you for letting me be a housewife when others said I should work.
35. I love you because you think for yourself and not let someone else do it for you.
36. I love you for hugging me without asking for one.
37. I love you for letting me hang my cross-stitch all over our walls.
38. I love you because you gave me the two most important things. . .love and a baby.
39. I love you for helping me pick dried flowers in a field.
40. I love you for laughing with me and not at me.
41. I love you because you believe in the Lord.
42. I love you for never losing your temper.
43. I love you for being faithful to me.
44. I love you for going on picnics with me.
45. I love you for not saying I look bad at those times when I do.
46. I love you for going shopping with me out of town.
47. I love you for taking time to explain things to me.
48. I love you for always gassing the car up for me.
49. I love you for loving me the way that you do.
50. I love you for being you.
OH MY! I think he has been a much better spouse than me. But he hangs around, so it must not be too bad;)
I love you honey! Thanks for being such a wonderful husband. Happy Anniversary #31. Hey, can we go pick some wildflowers now, I know this great field around the corner.
There are SO many more I could add after 31 years but I know you, dear reader, need to go now. But indulge me in one more please. . .
31 years later he still pleases me by holding his breath so this feather will stay on his top lip to match the boa :)
What a guy!
Ladies. . .do you tell your husband you love him? Maybe you think he doesn't care about all the reasons, but I just betcha it will make him smile. . .isn't that worth it? Go on and give it a try. . .50 reasons.