Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Rainbows and Promises

The other night as I was leaving town to come home, I was feeling blue about something and I asked God to speak to me. I felt I heard Him in my spirit saying, "Remember my promises to you." As soon as I heard this, I looked up from my car window and saw this. . .

The next day as I was mowing my yard, I was pondering about Greg and feeling that I still needed closure in my heart. I had things I wanted to tell his family. As I finished the backyard to start mowing the front, my husband came out and handed me my cell phone. I was overjoyed, hopped off the mower, ran in to brush my hair and spray perfume to cover up any gasoline fumes on me, grabbed my husband and camera and out the door we went.

Greg's mother, two sisters and brother-in-law were at his apartment to clean it up.
I walked up to the mother and she hugged me long and hard. I met the sisters for the first time this day.
They were precious, gracious, sweet people. . .just like our Greg.
 
Keith and I were able to share wonderful memories of Greg with his family, they had questions that we were able to answer and shared with them that not only I, but others were coming out of their comfort zones to begin a homeless outreach ministry in our town and I believed many others will be helped in one way or another and it is because of Greg and his willingness to share himself and his story.
 Greg is leaving behind a new understanding for our community toward the homeless and because of his stories, others are going to reach out and touch.
 
I fully expected to see another rainbow in the sky, but this day was sunny.  I still had the other rainbow in my heart and more importantly, I had my Lord's promises that He would always be with me, He would uphold me, that all would be well in His time.  And Greg is now experiencing the promise of being in his new home with Jesus.
I also have Greg in my heart and know he is seeing much more than rainbows. He is with the rainbow maker.
I can't wait for them to show me around :)
 
I made a promise to Greg that I would share his story and the stories of others.  I told him that he and the others had a sweet soul and that touched him. He said he had never heard anyone say that of the homeless. He kept bringing it up and saying to me, "Show the people the sweet souls of us."
 
 My Lord and Savior keeps His promises, one way or another.
I will keep my promise to Greg, one way or another.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I just love your heart for the unseen, the homeless!! So sorry to hear of your loss, but happy to know he is now with The Rainbow Maker.

joy said...

You have a good heart. More blessings from God to you:)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gifts...to meet greg’s family...and the promise of His Love...shown in a rainbow...continued prayers and His comforting presence~

lynnmosher said...

Oh, Kristin, I am so sad to learn about Greg. I so prayed for him. I haven't been able to read the last few of your posts about Greg and didn't know he had joined his new Savior. I'm so glad you were able to meet his family. I know you heart is broken. I'm so sorry.

Craig said...

Kristin, a prayer for your heart, a thankfulness for your desire and ability to reach out, and a joy in knowing that Greg is actually in a much better place – in large part due to you. God bless and keep you my friend – step-by-step I'm climbing out of the rabbit hole.