Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Oh My Soul, Be Refreshed

If you've been following me for long, you'll remember my post about the land my sanctuary pond is on was sold and is going to have cattle brought in. 

On this day, I was feeling very weary and tired and needed to get away.  My husband, dog and I set out to check out the pond, to see if the paths were still walkable, if cows were there yet, and if the pond looked the same.

The paths were still there
some of the land was cleared but no cows yet
my beautiful pond. . .ahhh

the beauty is still there






even my dog was enjoying this day
as well as my husband
my favorite husband and my favorite dog
and my favorite pond. . .just what I needed this day
the 23 psalm comes to mind. . .
He leads me beside quiet waters
He restores my soul

we just sit awhile and breathe it all in

time to walk back up the path
husband decides to build a fire in the pit for dinner

guess what we had
my dog is hoping. . .
she's waiting patiently. . .
she got the last bite
 
air became chilly and the fire was warm
it smelled so good
the fire died out and a perfect day was ending, but my spirit was refreshed, there was joy in my heart, my hubby and I walking back to the home hand in hand with dog behind us. . . . .and we all smelling like smoke :)
What a great day!
To You oh Lord, I lifted up my soul and you refreshed me once again
My cup overflows
Thank you Father!

7 comments:

Reformed rebel said...

Beautiful Kristin! GOD is so good. Sometimes He just fills us up with things He knows that will make us happy!
God bless you today...Chelle

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect day, Kristin. I love when God provides these moments for us. And there's nothing better than the smell of wood smoke. :)

Lisa Maria said...

Our God is so awesome! He gives us precisely what we need when we need it most and isn't it amazing when our hearts discover that its the simplest of things that bring us happiness and peace? Rejoicing with you in your refreshing.. sounds like a perfectly wonderful day to me :)

Love & Hugs

Stacie said...

Sounds so peaceful, Kristin. I really like the idea of building that fire and roasting hotdogs. . .

Have a great week, Kristin, and may God give you peace.

love,
Stacie

Heather Rae said...

Hi Kristin,

I haven't visited you in a while, so I wanted to stop in and say "hi" and also let you know that I've started a blog design business in case you're interested. My rates are reasonable and I would love to work with you on creating a design uniquely "you".

Here's my URL: http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/p/design.html

Let me know what you decide! Take care and have a beautiful day!

Craig said...

Kristin, sorry I’ve been gone so long, you know what this time has been for me, you’ve been by, thank you for being so nice. Anyway, so sweet, "the still waters." – It was a beautiful word picture – AND a picture – picture. No matter what – something tells me that the pond will remain. And it's a beautiful pond – I know what you hearted. All those pictures put me there – your words supplied the frame for the pictures. And I'm smiling. Smiles have been rare this last month – so thank you – breathing. Is feeling far more comparable – like still waters. God bless and keep you and all of yours my friend.

lynnmosher said...

Kristin, I was just coming over to check on you when your email came. Such a wonderful place. I'm praying they'll keep the pond! I am so glad you had such a wonderful day and you were refilled. And I am green with *envy* that you are allowed to have an outdoor fire! Love that smell! Blessings to you, dear one!