Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Love Purely

A couple of weeks ago, I interviewed a 27 year old woman . She is homeless and staying at the Salvation Army.   I won't print her story here but wanted you to meet her.  This is Nicole. 

Later I intervied a 32 year old man.  He is homeless and staying at the Salvation Army. I won't print his story either at this time. This is Mike.



Nicole and Mike became homeless and entered the Salvation Army alone.  They met there and now are a couple wanting to get married next year.

Love story from the Salvation Army. . .

Childhood abuse, poverty, bad relationships, no real godly training growing up, and then teen-age rebellion on top of that with poor health added in and some poor choices has led these two to homelessness.  I think there has been a lot of hurts and without a relationship with the Lord, did not know how to handle difficult situations.

Between the two of them, there has been 4 relationships, three marriages, three divorces, and four children.  They do not have custody of any of the children. 

These two seem very sweet and I think they were lonely and feeling desperate and depressed, found each other, understanding how the other was feeling.  They hold on to each other.  My prayer is that they will learn to lean onto the Lord, asking Him into their hearts soon and bring Him into this relationship, so the cycle of broken relationships can stop here. 

This past week, I met an older couple at the hospital when I was doing the hospital ministry.  I wish I had their picture, but it's kinda frowned upon to bring the camera in and take pictures of patients!  The husband happily told me that he and his bride had been married for 69 years.  He teared up as he told me about his special lady.  He still sounded so in love with her.  I asked him what was the secret to such a long marriage.  He immediately answered,  "Love purely." 

That phrase has been rolling around in my head ever since.  I guess you could say I've been pondering.  This week my husband and I have celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary.  I love him with all my heart and I know he loves me the same.  But we are certainly not perfect and I'm sure this older couple is not either.  I'm sure they have had their arguments, the little irritations that come with living with someone day after day.  So how do you love someone so purely?

It has to come from the Father above.  He is the only One who has pure love.  And when we invite Him into our hearts and our lives, His pure love rains down on us.  When we invite Him into our marriage and live by His ways, we are blessed with pure love.  We may mess up, we may argue, selfishness may creep in, but when our foundation is built on the solid rock of Jesus Christ, forgiveness is always available, grace and mercy are showered upon us, cleanses us, renews us, then we can offer these same gifts to our spouse.
Pure love.
Loving Purely.
So simple.
And yet, without Him, so hard.

My heart goes out to Nicole, Mike, and their children. I pray for them.  They need guidance in so many ways.  If they would just open up their heart to the pure love of the Lord, I know they can make it.  I pray for those 4 children involved and that the cycle will be broken soon or they may just end up in this same situation some day. . .or worse.

 "...dearly loved ones, clothes yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
Colossians 3:12-14

"The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
1 Timothy 1:5

Love purely.

Do you know couples who are not loving purely?
Let's pray for them.
Let's get on our knees for them and enter the battlefield with the armor God gives us and help fight this battle in prayer before our Heavenly Father.

Do you have children in your life who will be entering into a relationship some day?
Let's pray for them and their future spouse.

Let's claim victory over broken relationships.
Let's pray God's blessings over new relationships that will be sprouting up some day.
I want there to be more couples saying, "We've been married for 69 years" and tearing up sweetly over their love.

Love purely.



linking with










8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I too long to see marriages be all God intended them to be...to see the enemy defeated in tearing down the single most important building block of society...the family...I walk right now with 3 women whose marriages have been torn...but they are clinging on to Jesus...and slowly...these are being healed...
Oh for this young couple...may they first find the true Love they long for...the love of the Father....
Thanks for this post...
Blessings~

Unknown said...

What a beautiful love the elderly couple in the hospital shared. That's the kind of love/marriage I want to see more of. Unfortunately, Mike and Nicole are more representative of relationships today. My sister once asked me what the secret of my marriage was and my answer was Jesus! Jesus makes all the difference!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this. I have been struggling for 3 weeks to understand why my husband of just 14 months could leave without a word. Please pray for John and me, he knows the way, his is a ordained minister. He has stumbled and I will pray for him until he sees the light.

a joyful noise said...

Do write your stories especially about your childhood and stories about your children. Print and save them for your children to have later on in life. Your stories will continue to encourage others in their walk with the Lord.

Lisa Maria said...

Love purely.. oh yes.. the center of a Godly marriage is God Himself.. a truth that very few learn in time. I'm so glad Brian and I did... eventually. God is God.. there is no other like Him and I think I know what you are saying.. if we try to replace God with our spouse and not lean on Him but on our spouses that's where the trouble brews. No earthly being can fill the God-huge space but Him alone.

I join with you and pray for this young couple and for anonymous above, for my in-laws and my unwed sisters who are single moms and for all who are struggling to find 'pure love' and for the rest of us who need to keep on striving each day to love purely.

God bless you my friend.. thank you for this inspiring post.

Love & Hugs

Reformed rebel said...

Love Purely...if only we could all learn to do that. think of all the marriages lost that would still be together.
Blessings to you...Chelle

thefisherlady said...

I will also pray for all these people you have mentioned, I love your story of them and your encouraging verses...
I would love to share one of
"my favourite things" about a lovely old couple.
http://thefisherlady.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-favourite-things-true-love.html

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord, that I would love purely. What amazing stories. I love the Salvation Army. My father's family are all officers in the SA. They "do the most good"! Thanks for your lovely piece on my other blog. It was a real hit!