Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Monday, October 3, 2011

I Am Weary;God Speaks

Last week I was let down by several people; I became weary
Last week I was really missing my son; I became weary
Last week after hearing so many homeless people telling me their stories filled with such         
      sadness, seeing the despair on their faces, bodies drooping, tears streaming down 
         their cheeks; I became weary.

I felt guilty for being so weary because my weariness can be nothing compared to theirs, and yet. . . 
I came home thinking maybe I would just quit, just do my own thing ~ and then God spoke.

Through my devotional calendar:

“God does a complete work, and He will see it through to the end.  So don’t give up because it’s taking longer than you hoped.  Be confident that ‘He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.’

Then I opened up a friend’s blog the same day.  An excerpt from Lynn Mosher: http://lynnmosher.blogspot.com/2011/09/alone-time-with-god.html

“My child, you are doing well.  Keep aiming at the goal I have set for you.  This has been a wearisome time, but keep your aim and your eye on the goal, that is, to do my will.  Obedience is of the utmost importance.  All my trust is placed in one of my children who places all their trust in Me.  I trust them to do my work, that work which is so important for the lost world.  There are those who desperately need your obedience, for without it, their pathway is hindered.  There are many who depend on my obedient children even though they do not know it.  I will help you rule your time.  Give all your time into my Hands.  I will see to it that there is time enough for everything you need, and I need you to do.  I will bring about my will in your life.  But you must be willing as a little child to follow Me and do so obediently.”

No one can tell me God does not speak to us.  So then I went to His Word and my eyes fell to this verse:
“My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me with Your Word”
Psalm 119:28

Isn’t God good?!  So I kept turning pages and looking up scriptures to feed me and with each word, I became less weary and more at peace, and feeling the confidence returning.  Are you weary?  Let me share His Word with you to jump start you, ok?

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.”
Isaiah 40:29

“The Lord gives strength to His people, the Lord blesses His people with peace.”
Psalm 29:11

“I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”
Jeremiah 31:25

“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning it’s shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”
Hebrews 12:2-3

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your soul; for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
John 14:27

“I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.”
Phillipians 4:13

Are you feeling better?  I am!  I am so thankful God does not abandon us and leave us in our weariness.  I’m ready to go do another interview.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Counting the gifts. . .

825.  24 hours after newspaper article came out about the blanket ministry, I received my first cash donations
826.  blankets and plastic bags rolling in for blanket ministry
827.  devotions and blogs and the Word that ministered to my weary heart
828.  serving a God who understands our emotions
829.  serving a God who does not leave us there in the emotional puddle
830.  sitting out in the swing with my hubby on a chilly evening wrapped together in a blanket
831.  reminiscing and laughing about old cartoons (hey, after almost 30 years of marriage, you talk about anything)
832.  celebrating a birthday with a dear friend and another friend
833.  cracking up, side splitting, tear stained face laughter...I'm not sharing what that conversation was about!
834.  good times

linking with


and


13 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Oh, honey I feel with you. Here's a big hug. Fortunately, God gives strength and courage. He knows your thoughts and despondency and say to you: '... in My power you shall do great things.'
Thinking of you, across the ocean I think: How much greater is that He thinks of us! And how wonderful is it that His Spirit prays for us in those moments that we are too tired to pray. Head up, heart upwards. The real love, life, praise is where we see Jesus

Anonymous said...

Kristin...so glad you are feeling refreshed...I am holding Tim with you before God's throne of grace and mercy. I love God's faithfulness to meet us right where we are...always ready to fill us with all He is.
Blessings to your day...and with the interview.

pinks said...

Wow... If I can type through the tears, I just want to say your blog was an answer to my prayer just as your devotional and your friend's blog was your answer.

This was my prayer before I signed into blogger:

Lord,
I feel like I am being attacked. Today, we begin group with the children (addressing violence, relilience, and promoting self efficacy, etc), and I think the devil is filling my mind with very hurtful thoughts/memories. The depression makes me want to hide into my office and not come out. But I need to be strong Lord. They need to know and see You. I know I was complaining about being tired of being the strong one, but I need Your strenght to make it today. I need a good word. Lord, please give me a good word of peace.

He gave me Isaiah 52:6,12
then 2 Corinthians 1:21,22 through daily devotional, which were good... but this blog with His bites of strength you shared is what He knew I needed most. I was weary, but I feel better already!! Time to tackle poverty. :)

Eva Trillian said...

Pure inspiration!
God IS good!

lynnmosher said...

Kristin, I am again blessed that the Lord has used my/His words in this way to encourage others. Saying a prayer for each one here. Your post was so encouraging! Bless you!

Unknown said...

Great words of encouragement, Kristin! This journey can seem overwhelming, but He who began this good work is faithful and it's gonna be worth it!

Lisa Maria said...

Thank you for so much encouragement dear Kristin! I am so blessed to have a friend like you to pray for me and encourage me. As usual coming to your place is inspiring. Thank you for sharing those verses. There are so many in the Psalms as well.

May God continue to give you strength and consolation as you seek to do His will.

God bless you my friend.

Reformed rebel said...

God is doing wonderful and great things through your ministry Kristin. He won't let you down. Your post is such an encouragement to the rest of us. Thank you for sharing this with us. God is so good to us!!

Blessings...Chelle

HeARTworks said...

Hi Kristin, nice to meet you! Loved your introduction at the top of your blog! How wonderful that God met you where you were, you obeyed and He blessed you with abundance! I pray you will continue to listen and hear His voice, that your ministry will be an encouragement and strength to others! Blessings and a hug from the Philippines! :^) patsy

Unknown said...

What a fresh breath here -- the Word is alive and dancing on this page. So excited about your blanket ministry. And I've been praying for your son.

Misty said...

So blessed to have stopped by your space today. Your blog held the words I needed to hear.. The words God has been trying to say, day after day. So glad He will never abandon me!

Carrie said...

Thank you so much for sharing all those wonderful verses! Certainly is a pick-me-up and a comfort. I too love 833 - aren't those the best moments? Laughing until our sides ache :) Blessings to you!

Erin said...

Kristin,
Isn't Lynn Mosher wonderful!! I know sometimes we feel the weight of what we're doing for the Lord. You are such a gift to these homeless people who you minister to. Their lives touch and effect you. God will see your work through to completion!! Isn't He so faithful that He sent you encouraging words to lift and renew your spirit!
You are such a blessing!
~Erin