Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Abiding and Abodes


He will be homeless no more from November 3 on!
He's giving God all the glory!


I think I am just as excited as he is. . .well. . .he might be a little more excited  :)

As Greg is learning to abide in the Father, the Father has led him to an abode to live in right now on this earth.  I'm thinking how fun it would be for Greg to receive cards in the mail, at his own address, from all who have been praying for him.  What do you think?  Good idea?
If you would like to mail him a card or note, let me know and when I find out the address, I will let you know.

Praising God for all He has done and will do in this precious man's life!

12 comments:

Stacie said...

To God be the Glory for the things He has done!!!!!!!!!!

Reformed rebel said...

Great idea Kristin! Please send me his address. This is so cool!
God bless you...Chelle

Jennie Lathrop said...

Count me INNNNNNNNN!!!

LifenotesEncouragement said...

i would love to send greg a card...

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! Please let me know his address.

Anonymous said...

awesome idea...people can throw in some gift cards too....
keep us posted...

Lisa Maria said...

How absolutely wonderful! Praise God! I will continue to pray for Greg and all that God is leading him to. Kristin I'm so proud to be your friend.. Jesus must be smiling right now!

Love & Hugs from over the seas

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news to hear that Greg will have his one place to live at the beginning of November! It seems that his faith in Christ continues to keep growing, and this is quite inspiring, at least it is for me. :)

Unknown said...

God is so good! I would love to send Greg a card. Just let me know when you get his address. Many blessings, Kristin!

Erin said...

Praise God forevermore!! Kristin, this is wonderful news! Look what you got to be a part of! I would love to send him a card.
Blessings,
~erin

Jackie said...

Praise God, He takes careof His own!!! Would love to mail him!

lynnmosher said...

I've been really sick and missed this, Kristin. Please, please count me in!