Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Monday, July 4, 2011

Blessings. . .the gift and the Giver

google image



Sometimes when I receive a gift from the Father, a treasure, a blessing each day, please know that it is not just about the gift, but about the One who gave it, the One who is a part of the gift, who is IN the gift. 

When I see a beautiful sunset, I see the Creator of the sunset.
When I see a beautiful flower or interesting grass, I see the Designer of it.
When I receive a hug, I feel the arms of my Savior.
When I sit next to my husband, I'm grateful to the Father for bringing this man into my life.
When I enjoy a tall, cold glass of something wonderful on a hot day, I thank my Provider.
When I cry, I know my Comforter is near.
When I laugh, I think of my Savior who healed my broken heart.

It is the treasure that is a gift but even more so it is the Giver of the gift, the One behind and in each gift that makes my heart leap and my mouth turn upwards.  So no matter what the gift is, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem, it is the One who gave that is so big, so awesome, so treasured.  And this week, I experienced even more of the greatness of my greatest gift, Him, my God.
He is the Great I Am!
When I see the gift, I see the Giver. . .
And as Ann says . . .
It is a holy moment.


~My Holy Moments for the week ~

584.  an incredible answer to prayer
585.  from a big man on a park bench
586.  new stories coming
587.  glee from second born's voice over phone as he shares his wonderful day
588.  big, pretty capsules for treating husband's shingles
589.  pain medication
590.  even sttonger pain medication
591.  prayer warriors~a lot I haven't even met but reaching out to me through cybersace
592.  a new book, "to be told"
593.  hearing the basketball dribbling in my driveway and neighbor children laughing
594.  a friend willing to be my bodyguard as I interview a homeless man
595.  for this homeless man willing to talk with me and share about his life, even the ugly parts
596.  for seeing a completely different side of life
597.  that is giving me an even more appreciation (if that's possible) of what was done on that wondereous cross all those years ago
598.  so utterly and completely and humbly grateful for my salvation
599.  being able to pray with and for this homeless man
600.  for God leading me out of my comfort zone, opening up my eyes to more of the world even though it's not always pretty and this making me feel even closer to my Lord and Savior, and wanting to share His love with others
601.  realizing (once again) that in God's eyes, this man's sins are no different from mine
602.  falling on my knees thanking God once again (it can be taken for granted sometimes) for the incredible eternal gift that was given and that I accepted and that I have the priveledge of sharing this good news with others, that this is offered to them as well, that they can be totally forgiven, that they can accept it also, and KNOW that they can have eternal life in Heaven one day.  Talk about a gift to be thankful of!

HE is the ultimate gift!  Everything else that comes through Him is icing on the cake!

Linking with Ann and friends over at

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I especially love #600, Kristin. May God continue to use and amaze you. Many blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin. You and the other bloggy ladies out there have had a hand in changing my attitude towards thankfulness and are a great example of practicing it.
God bless
Tracy

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Kristin
Your whole post is wonderful. The last line however is the "kicker"...so to speak...for me.

HE is the ultimate gift! Everything else that comes through Him is the icing on the cake!

Oh...how true that is and how this just really spoke to me today. Thank you for this post.

Have a great day. Blessings in Him...Chelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin, thanks for your comment on my thankful list. Just so you don't think I have a super awesome memory, its a list in the making that I just keep adding to. I made it a tag at the top of my blog for easy access
God bless
Tracy

Unknown said...

Exciting post, what a wonderful God to give his children good gifts! Thanks for visiting my blog today. I'm glad you stopped by and I was able to be blessed by yours as well.

Anonymous said...

I like how you are able to see the Creator, our Lord, behind every gift that you receive. I think that this is so important for all of us as Christians to do.

Aritha V. said...

Nice blog with wise words. I like it to read you not only see the gift but also the Giver.
Thanks!

Lisa Maria said...

I couldn't agree with your last statement more if I'd written it myself! I hope your hubby gets better fast and I'm still praying for you and your new adventures.. isn't it amazing how He keeps on taking us higher and higher. He makes it really difficult to crawl back to old skins sometimes.

God bless you and the family!

Love & Hugs

Denise said...

It's so wonderful how you praise God everyday for something you are deeply grateful for, and it's so easy to do because we have so much to appreciate! :) This is what brings honor to Christ and gives us the ability to live differently and faithfully, and it's what will make a difference that people will recognize and hopefully non-believers will desire. God is using you in an amazing way with the homeless; you are an inspiration! :)
Denise

Connie Arnold said...

Wonderful list of blessing! Your blog is a wonderful reminder to see all things as gifts from God and give thanks. Thank you for that, Kristin!

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

All good things to be not only thankful for, but jubilant as well.