Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunrise, Sunset. . .Blessings In Between and After

The heavens declare the Glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Psalm 19:1





As I rise with the dawn, may my heart always pour forth gratitude, praise on my lips to my one and only Savior, Creator of all, the One who resides in my heart, may I live in between the sun going up and coming down in a way that pleases you Heavenly Father and forgive me for when I have not.




Thank you Father for each new day, new starts, new beginnings, new opportunities. . .

 





Thank you Father for giving beauty that takes my breath away






Thank you Father for being with me each day helping me, teaching me, and loving me between the sunrise and sunset

and thank you Father as I lay my head back down on my pillow at the end of the day for watching over me not only between the sunrise and sunset, but after I drift off to sleep, watching not only over me but my loved ones, and loving us beyond the sunsets . . .I count my blessings from You and I thank you with sleepy eyes, I thank You, thank You, thank You, thaaannkk Youuuu. . . . .


From the rising of the sun to its setting
the name of the Lord is to be praised!
The Lord is high above all nations,
and His glory above the heavens!



Blessings #563 ~ 583

breakfast in bed
thick french toast made and served by my husband
open windows and cool breezes after a very hot week
learning new things from old stories
beautician who understands my wild mane
my mother's prayers
watching fireflies with husband
his arms around my waist
musical pea frogs
published stories
good night hugs
good morning kisses
retreats in the shade
ice cold lemonade
homemade cookies brought to us by a neighbor
laughter with my mother
humorous bloggers
deep thinkers
cool crisp sheets
deep sleep
pleasant dreams



(all photos taken by husband, Keith)
*you can check out more of his pictures at*
beyondthecampfirebykeith.blogspot.com


Linking with Ann and friends over at




19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this one with the pictures and the thoughts attached! How good it is to know, with assurance, that He is there always and forever. I praise Him along with you, my dear friend.

Jennie

Lisa said...

These are some gorgeous pictures Kris! I was blessed by this post this morning.

therealorganic said...

I loved your pictures! I think my favorite is the old maids lace, but the wheat is equally beautiful! Just found your blog and am inspired by reading.

shoutingforha said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! I love being able to have the windows open and watching fireflies too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kelly Hallahan said...

lovely photos! fireflies, lemonade, crisp sheets... sounds like summer is here!

Erin said...

fireflies! I LOVE fireflies!

Kathleen@so much to say said...

Oh, my goodness...these pictures are AMAZING. I aspire to capture God's palate that well. The pictures are a million blessings without any words attached at all.

Cora said...

You took my breath away, Kristin!!! You captured moments of beauty that are beyond beautiful!!!! It made me want to get my camera out and try again. I'm just so bad with taking pictures and give up so easily! It is amazing what happens between the beauty of sunrise and sunset, isn't it? And I miss so much because I'm too busy to see. Thank you for this! The old song we used to sing, "The Wonder of it all. .." is going through my heart right now!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL PRAISE! Love this! And you know I love all of Keith's photography!!!

LifenotesEncouragement said...

love this...esp the blessings!

Unknown said...

Love what you said about living between the sun rise and sunset. I want to be living for God all day long and have my mind set on Him. Great pictures!

Bristol said...

Wow! Keith's photos are just incredible. So glad you shared them. This post is beautiful start to finish. Your blog is a gift, Kristin! Thanks!

Kristin Bridgman said...

I think I made it to all your places, you who blog. Thank you for coming by, I love to see you all!
To my non-blogger friend J, but who is SO faithful to me. . .I love praising with you and I love you:)

Stacie said...

gorgeous pics!

Anonymous said...

Those sunset pictures are beautiful!!!! We recently moved out to the country and I only THOUGHT I'd seen sunsets before. They are even more beautiful out here! :o) I definitely have a lot to be thankful for, too. :o)

Much love,
Sarah Kate
www.dixie-creek-farm.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are amazing. They inspire me to be outside more. Thanks!

Patti Hanan said...

Your husband is a very talented photographer. These pictures are exquisite, and they go very well with your post. Blessings!

Dakota said...

Great photos!

Reformed rebel said...

Ohhhh...such beautiful pictures of God's handiwork!! Thank you for sharing these with us.

Blessings
Chelle