Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Monday, May 2, 2011

Multitudes Monday/Blessings

Linking with Ann Voskamp over at


O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His mercy endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34



Counting my
one by one

406.  spices that flavor the foods
407.  the friends who spice up my life
408.  lump found in husband, being small
409.  for a God whose Word says not to be anxious, but understands when it hits anyway
410.  for a God who holds us with His righteous right hand and comforts us
411.  for ultra sounds and other medical machinery that picture frames the insides
412.  reminders




413.  pretty birds





414.  havens



415.  rabbits in back yard




416.  beautiful wild flowers

417.  gorgeous sun sets


418.  easy weed pulling because of all the buckloads of rain received
419.  pain relief tablets for very sore back from leaning over to pull weeds


420.  kicking back in the same chair in the evenings with my husband

421. full gas tanks
422.  full stomachs
423.  full hearts
424.  wonderful doctor report
425.  happy dances 




13 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Amen to the spices in food, pain relief and your husband's lump!

Your pictures are very pretty. I love your thankful heart. I like blogs that are encouraging and not all negative.

Unknown said...

Love your list! I especially like #409. Great pics to go with the list. Many blessings!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures to go along with beautiful answers to prayer. I especially love the happy dance picture. That was ME when you sent me word about God's wonderful answer!!

Lisa Maria said...

Oh Kristin.. love your list as always! I absolutely LOVE your haven.. I used to have a swing myself.. swinging is so soothing isn't it? So happy for your relief concerning hubby. As for the pics... gorgeous! You make me want to hop on a plane and camp out in your garden lol!

Love & Blessings!

Kristin Bridgman said...

Thank you girls! Lisa, as well as the rest of you...I would love for you all to hop a plane and camp out here. Wouldn't that be fun!!!!!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

How could I NOT love the last one????? A perfect happy dance at the end of a wonderful list! The birds are so beautiful, aren't they? Love that bluebird! Somehow birds always make it onto my lists, too. And reminders??? I need those, too. A lot of them. . . and often. Thanks so much for sharing these today. It was a blessing to have been here. And I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Kristin,

Amen! These were wonderful. I liked how you used some pictures to describe some of the blessings that you are thankful for. I like the happy dance picture at the end, tee hee. Too cute! :)

Blessings,

-L. Rose

Maryann said...

Loved the flowers, loved the birds, loved that you are able to see God's blessings in the small things, as well as the big things. Great list.

Unknown said...

Wow...what a gorgeous sunset picture! Definitely something to be thankful for...the colors are astounding! Thanks for sharing your list.

Leslie Young said...

What a beautiful list! Loved 409 (and so thankful, also!). I chuckled at the side-by-side feet as I look at my husband's and mine as I type this...ah, blessing!

Kristin Bridgman said...

Wow, I'm getting to meet 3 new bloggers...thank you ladies for coming over. More blessings...blessings abound:)
Thank you Father!

{MrsH} said...

What wonderful pictures you have! I came over from Ann's and was encouraged by your list. thanks for posting and for the reminder that the everyday stuff I tend to take for granted (full stomach, gas tank) are indeed such precious daily gifts from God. Be blessed!

Sarah M. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog these last two weeks to offer your encouragement as I start my multitudes on Mondays! I have enjoyed your list as well! I mean, who doesn't love a full gas tank? Especially when someone else fills it! (That should have been on my list for last week, not quite sure how I overlooked that one!) I also enjoyed the haven! I think I could spend a couple of hours there myself!