Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Friday, May 27, 2011

Blessings Now and Then

I'll be linking this on Monday with the others over at



I love to get up in the mornings and read my three favorite devotionals.  One of them is Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  It seems to speak directly to me on so many days.  This is what one of the recent Monday's said. . .

"Approach each new day with desire to find Me. . .there are hidden treasures strategically placed along the way. . .blessings that reveal My Presence: sunshine, flowers, birds, friendships, answered prayer.  I have not abandoned this sin-wracked world; I am still richly present in it. . .search for deep treasure as you go through this day.  You will find Me all along the way."   

Yes Lord, you are in front of me, behind me, to the left and to the right. You are in my past, present and future. Thank you for showing me gifts today that were given years ago. May I never be so in a hurry that I miss Your Presence, Your Calling, Your Treasures.
498.  beautiful, heart-warming, tear stained face senior luncheon
499.  beautiful words spoken from young soon-to-be graduates to their families
500.  youth pastors, especially a one special Mr. Jeff
501.  "Mama Stewart" full of hospitality
502.  faithful Bible study leaders
503.  wonderful college interns and assistants
504.  14 young men ~ an answer to prayer
505. plaque with above young men, blessed words to my second born


506.   balloons

507.  my senior


508.  strawberry lemonade and converstaion shared with an amazing woman
509.  an empty kitchen sink
510.  a visitor

511.  sharp pencils
512.  pens that glide across the paper
513.  blank sheet of paper ready to be filled
514.  26 letters ~ to form all the words I'll ever need ~ all the words to read

515.  our American Flag

516.  men and women in uniforms;
517.  memories
(my husbands grandfather in WW1)
(my Dad in WW2)
(my husband's father in WW2)
(my husband 38 years ago)
518.  proud of husband for saving man's life on this day
519.  awards

520.  dog tags safely home
521.  freedoms











Enjoy your Memorial Day week-end everyone!



6 comments:

Stacie said...

Very sweet post, Kristin. All those precious memories. . .so much to be thankful for.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Kristin said...

Thank you Stacie, you have a wonderful weekend too!

Anonymous said...

I thank God for the military men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

God bless you Kristin and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Kristin said...

Thank you RonJoe...or do I call you Mr. Geezer? :) You have a great week-end too!

Lisa Maria said...

Beautiful blessings indeed! How proud you must be of your husband! Congrats to your son on graduation! I wish him all God's blessings as the whole world opens up to him now.

Hope you have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

Love & Hugs

Bristol @ Diligent Leaves said...

Loved this post, Kristin! I just received Sarah Young's "Jesus Lives" Devotional as a graduation gift! I'm even more excited about it after reading the excerpt of hers you shared here. This weekend, I was also reminded to be attentive to the "hidden treasures" that reveal God's presence, so I loved your words and gratitude list today. Thanks!