Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Friday, January 7, 2011

Shadows

As I sit by the pond in the late afternoon, the shadows begin to appear.  There is a peace and a smile across my face as I remember the Psalm 17:8 which says,
            “Hide me in the shadow of Your wings.”  My bible’s footnote says that He protects us but also at times has a greater purpose for us to go through the pain, but even then, He protects us by guiding us through the pain or difficulty.  Either way, we are in the shadow of His wings.
            Psalm 91:1 reads,
            “We will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”  By dwelling with the Lord continually trusting in Him, we can rest and be kept safe in the shadow of the Almighty.
            Then there is Isaiah 51:16, which says, “I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand.”  This verse meant a lot to me at the time in my life when I felt convicted to join an evangelism ministry at my church.  This very quiet, non-articulate, afraid of confrontation girl was going to go visit strangers in their home and share the gospel. Sometimes praying with them which was so out of my comfort zone at that time.  But then I read Isaiah 51:16, which said to me that God would put his words in my mouth!
            Here was a huge test for me.  Was I going to trust Him, rest in Him and go forth into the huge “uncomfortable zone?”  Yes, I did.  His promise as all of them, are trustworthy.  He put His words in my mouth every time and I knew from that first outreach visit I could relax, breathe, and totally rest in Him. Satan did not like this and every Monday night just before I would begin my visits, he would put fear into me.  But I just stomped my foot and said that I was a daughter of the King and He was in control.  I would tell that ol’ devil to just flee in the name of Jesus, and he did. I experienced wonderful visits every time.  How freeing to let the fears go and just rest in His shadow while He takes control.
            What fears do you have right now?  If you are feeling uneasy because of circumstances surrounding you, surrender those fears and circumstances to Him.  Let go and let God take control.
            When you are outside, look for the shadows and smile, relax, and know that you are either hidden in the shadow of His wings, or covered with the shadow of His hand, while He guides and lead you through whatever you’re going through.
            And remember, as believers, when our time on this earth comes to an end and we will walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we will fear no evil, and we will be comforted, because we are in the Almighty, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, blessed, beautiful shadow.

“Surely goodness and love will follow me (just like a shadow…),
All the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23:6

No comments: