Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Friday, December 31, 2010

Thoughts from 2010


  1. A broken arm really, really hurts.  ( Jan. 1, 2010)

  1. An allergic reaction to surgical tape is really, really horrible.

  1. Dermatologists are really, really wonderful!

  1. You should not climb attic stairs with slippers on, especially when there is a hard, concrete floor beneath you.

  1. You really can let your child go across the seas without hyperventilating.

  1. You don’t have to keep telling your child about things about his passport, especially when he has one and has used it and you don’t.

  1. A tie blanket is cool and yet so warm.

  1. When Ms. Sue says we are going to make a 1000 pairs of mittens, she means it.

  1. You can befriend someone 42 years older and develop a special bond.

  1. Sometimes the best conversations happen because you let the quiet moments happen.

  1. Faith needs to be unbending, but love should beam forth on every side and bend to every necessity of our brethren.  (someone else’s words)

  1. Sometimes faith can feel like a whole loaf of bread, and some sometimes it can feel like the bread crumbs.  But the Bread of Life will always be there.

  1. There will always be someone who does not agree with you or understand, and that’s ok.

  1. The ‘least of these’ are a potential masterpieces in the making.  Look at them as the latter.

  1. Thankfulness and praise gets rid of the pity party bugs.

  1. I did not understand what the big deal was about texting until someone texted me, saying “You’re awesome!”  People will text words they won’t say with their voice.

  1. Sandpaper people need to be loved too.  Maybe even more so.

  1. God can even use a rooster to get you to thinking, pondering…

  1. We need to make sure our decisions are Spirit led and not people pressured.

  1. Politicians need a LOT of prayer!

  1. When you’ve got tendons popping in the left knee and in the right foot, it’s hard to know which way to limp.

  1. Chocolate and other goodies just seem to call out my name when I walk by…Kris, over heeerrreee…I swear, there is a magnetic field between sweets and me.

  1. Some birds chit-chat, some nag, some caw, some sing, some crow…kind of like people.

  1. When you get the doldrums from being in the hospital too long, blow through one of those blue rubber gloves the nurses wear.  You can’t do it without laughing.

  1. When you sit 9 hours in an emergency room and think you can’t go on one more hour, you can.

  1. Blessings come in many disguises. (they may even glow in the dark)

  1. People can pull your strings, but it’s up to you if they break.

  1. A parent should not chase a prodigal.  That marathon is for the Holy Spirit.

  1. You really can trust the Heavenly Father to watch over  your earthly loved ones.

  1. Becoming vulnerable on a blog can be scary, great therapy, and in the end makes me merry.

  1.  I have an incredible husband who so readily goes anywhere, at any time with me to help a homeless person.

  1. God blessed me this year with a new friend who has a huge, compassionate, servant’s heart.

  1. This new friend makes the best chocolate, mint candies I have ever had and I SWEAR, they call out my name!

  1. Radical living is a challenging and exciting way to live.

  1. Becoming observant of my surroundings on a daily basis brings me closer to my Lord and lot of stories to my mind.

  1. You don’t have to be an expert writer to be a story teller.

  1. People can say what they want about FB, but it brought 4 lovely, Illinois people into my life, and for that I will always be grateful…yes, that’s you David, Brenda, Lori and Susan J…OH, five…Jena, who reminded me that I can be silly while still being a grown upJ

  1. I have a Heavenly and an earthly shepherd who leads with a staff.  I don’t ever want to be without either one of them.

  1. My husband’s camera taught me to not just look at the big, unassumingly empty view but to zoom in on the beauty of that one small thing God put there, whether it be a beautiful Queen Anne’s Lace (weed), or the beauty of a human being surrounded by filth. The beauty may not seem obvious at first, but zoom in to the delicacies of the subject and you get a whole new picture!

  1. I believe God delights in bringing joy and surprising us through simple things like colorful sacks, footie pajama’s, shooting stars, stars found under the covers that glow in the dark, shooting stars in the sky and many other things…may I always have eyes to catch these surprises and never overlook what is right in front of me.

  1. How it made me smile to hear about the young Muslim man who became a Christian through our church and hearing him exclaim right after thoroughly enjoying pork for the first time… “THIS IS WHAT I’VE BEEN MISSING ALL THIS TIME!”  J

  1. We do not need NEARLY as much as we think we do!

  1. The humbled aweness you feel as you lay prostrate on the floor of your prayer closet is more than I can put into words.  If you haven’t done this try it. . .(let me just say if you have young kids or animals, keep them out or they will crawl all over you.)  I have gone into my prayer closet, literally, on bended knee for 15 years, but as I age and knees hurt to sit on them now, going prostrate is not only more comfortable but even more humbling.  I get goose bumps every time.

  1. Helping someone who may take advantage of you is still worth it…you never can imagine how God will take over.

  1. I discovered sugar free chocolates are very good!

  1. I learned how to play Bocce Ball and never even held the ball!

  1. Wearing footie pajamas and playing video games is fun…you just don’t want it to become your life.

  1. Sometimes it pays to turn off the cell phone for awhile.

  1. Paying 40 bucks to have your dog groomed is just a waste of time when you live in the country.  They find something dead to roll in and all the pretty smell is gone.

  1. I need God a whole lot more than chocolate. If I HAD to, I could live without the sweet, gooey, creamy, milk chocolate delicacies,  but never the sweet presence of my Lord.

No comments: