Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Thursday, December 9, 2010

O Holy Night

God brought a special little girl into my life several years ago when I was asked to become her mentor.  When she clung to my leg and begged me to come back, how was I going to say no to that pleading face…I didn’t.  We’ve had fun over the last three years and one such time was about this time a year ago. 
            My husband’s and my Sunday School class had a cook-out at one of the members home out in the country.  My little friend had just had a hard, emotional week and I thought it would be good for her to get out and have a change of scenery and have some fun.  I asked her if she would like to go to this party which included a hay ride.  She asked what a hay ride was.  Oh, the simple pleasures we take for granted, even a lot of children, not realizing that a lot of other children do not get to experience such things.
            My husband and I took her to this party and it was a night full of firsts for her.  She saw her first bonfire which our host provided.  It was a huge one and so were her eyes because of it.  She took her first hayride, which she absolutely loved.  She was able to get up close to some horses, another first and was amazed at how big they were.  And her eyes couldn’t believe all the thousands of stars she was seeing in the huge, black, open sky.  She had never seen stars like this, having lived in the middle of town where all the city lights are always shining.  She had never seen, didn’t even know what a shooting star was.  As my husband, I and our little friend were standing on a hill, in the dark, with the smell of the bonfire going, Keith proceeded to tell her what it was.  Just as the three of us looked up into this magnificent universe, God did the neatest thing.  He sent the most brilliant, bright shooting star across the dark sky that lasted longer than Keith or I had ever seen.  It lasted a good 6-7 seconds.  The expression on this little girl’s face was priceless! 
            Many years ago…a holy night…our dear Savior was born.  On this night at the friend’s farm, I believe was another holy night.  There were at least a hundred people at this place and yet I think no one knew except for me observing my nine year old friend.  Her short life has been hard and so this one particular night I believe was a holy one, because in her sadness, God let her experience her first hayride, seeing horses up close for the first time, her first bonfire, and her first and the most glorious shooting star ever. This night was for her.   
            That first bright star that led the shepherds must have been an awesome sight.  It led them to the Christ child.  This night of first experiences for a little girl was topped off with another bright, glorious star…another awesome sight.  It gave a brief but poignant and holy moment to mention Jesus to her.  I pray it will be a stepping stone for this child being led to Christ, the One who saves souls and brings joy to the joyless.  She went home this night with a bigger smile than when she came.
            Thank you Father for not just one holy night, but two…not just for one bright, shining star, but two.
O holy night, the stars are brightly shining…..


No comments: