Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Sunday, December 26, 2010

I Just Wanna Be a Big Kid Now

Yesterday I didn’t have any responsibilities.  I didn’t have to be the one who sees everyone is on time, everybody’s birthdays are taken care of, the checkbook is fine, and all the bills are paid.  I didn’t have to think if my son’s homework was done, to have dinner prepared.  I laughed and ate chocolate till I was sick.  I jumped in puddles and didn’t care how I looked afterwards.  I chewed gum and blew bubbles and didn’t care what people thought.  I went swinging on swings and slid down slides.  I ate crazy flavored ice cream instead of a well rounded meal.  I jumped on the bed and rode in a balloon.  I went piggy back riding and sat on my roof.  I crawled into a lap and was rocked until I went to sleep.
            Yaawwnn…I’m awake now.   I must have been dreaming. How fun!  I was wearing footie pajamas and had changed from being a grown up to a kid again.   But the dream ended with me wanting to grow up.  Being a grown-up seems so neat to the child.  Being a grown up, sometimes I think it would be neat to be a child again. 
             Jesus is recorded in Matthew, Mark and Luke as saying, “Let the little children come to me.”  I think he liked their childlike wonderment.  And he was telling “the grown ups,” “have faith like a child”.  We are not asked or expected to be childish or immature but we need to trust Him and come to Him with the simplicity of a child.        Adults are just like children in we want to be loved, protected, to be trusting, to be told we are special.  There is so much out there in the world to harden the heart, the spirit, the soul and can damage what trust we may have had. I have seen this.  But God can provide the love, protection, give us trust once again and definitely show we are special.  How do I know this…read what Ezekiel 36:26 says…”I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”  I’ve seen this also. How does He show we are special?  Just remember what happened on the cross all those years ago.  If that doesn’t say we are special, I don’t know what would.  And don’t you just know, after receiving a new heart and spirit, how it would feel so freeing  and wanting  to dance and run like a child again. I did!  How wonderful to feel that freedom. 
            You know what?  I like being an adult.  I really don’t mind the responsibilities God has entrusted me with.  It is a joy and a privilege to take care of what God has given me. This is the natural progression as we grow.  We are instructed to mature in our understanding.  Hebrews 5:13 14… “Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.  But solid food is for the mature…”  It’s wonderful to have experienced that saving grace but don’t let it stop there.  There is so much more to experience.  Will we take little bites or will we feast? The more I learn, the more I grow, the more wonderment I have of this great big, awesome, loving God of ours.  You can feast on the meat and still have joy in the dessert.  I have discovered you can be mature and responsible and discerning and still have a child like wonderment. You can be an adult and still swing and slide down slides. You can be a Christian without being a stick in the mud.  If you’re ever on the street with me and there is a puddle in front of us, watch out!  And I’ve learned something else.  You can be a grownup and still wear footie pajamas.




No comments: