Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seed Pods




Is God not the grand architect of all time?  Just look at the magnificent mountains, majestic trees, and gorgeous flowers, down to the smallest of architectural sights on the ground like the sweet gum seed pod.
            There are hundreds, maybe thousands on the ground around the pond.  I’ve since learned they are also called monkey balls, ankle biters and ankle twisters.  They are round, prickly little balls that hold seeds that eventually are dispersed and new trees will grow.
            This makes me ponder over how we believers are told to spread the seed (God’s Word).  We are the sowers, not the growers.  We sow the seed and God will do the work on the hearts of all people. So why do we seldom do this?  I’ll speak from experience. 
            Fear.  Fear of rejection, fear of inadequacy, fear of being made fun of. As I’ve grown older and hopefully matured, I realized if there is rejection, it is not against me, it is against God.  That takes the pressure off of me.  God can handle it!  If you put the fear of inadequacy in the Lord’s hands, He will help you by bringing scriptures and other words to your mind.  The Holy Spirit can speak through you.  And you always have your own testimony to share.  Remember, it’s not our job to change a heart, that is the Lord’s job.  We are just to sow the seed.  And if people make fun of you, don’t feel bad for having your relationship with Christ.  Feel pity for the one laughing and pray for them.  If they end up going to their eternal home laughing, they will soon realize what you shared with them was the truth but it will be too late for them by then and they won’t be laughing any more.  It is not a laughing matter! Remember the grace and mercy you were shown and pray that person will receive it one day before it is too late.
            It is a privilege to be a seed sower.  You know how when something grand, exciting happens to you?  You want to go tell someone, you want to share the news.  Nothing more grand could happen to us then realizing Christ loved us so much he was willing to crawl upon that cross and die for us, to pay for OUR sins.  He loves you that much.  Is that now worth sharing with others and telling them the same thing happened for them?  All they have to do is just accept it, as the wonderful gift it is.
            A few years back, some people entered my life that I did not care for much.  I would have just as soon not met them.  They only caused anger and confusion and I just wanted them to go away, but I soon realized they were not going anywhere, for at least awhile. I felt like a prickly, hard person around them.  God told me to share, to sow love with His love.  I was not excited about sharing anything with these people. So I prayed for myself to do what God had asked of me and with the right heart.  I shared, I brought them to church, I invited them into my home.  His amazing love, how can it be?  I started to feel compassion and my heart went out to them.  The anger left.  After a couple of years, these people were removed from my life, and to be honest, it was just fine with me.  But I learned a lesson through this.  Jesus died for ALL people and they all deserve a chance to hear the truth and at least make a decision to change or not.  These people did not change, but you never know what act of kindness you did for them or a nugget of truth that was spoken embeds in the back of their mind that might someday come to the front of their mind and make a difference.  I don’t believe God brought these people into my life for this reason, but He used a bad situation to teach me something.   I learned not to sit on my anger, that it is possible and necessary for your own sake to give that up and replace it with love.  I've always been a person full of compassion and love but had not had to deal with hard people.  I learned that with God, I can have compassion and give love, and share with the hardest of people now.
            Just remember, we may be seed sowers, but we do not need to be like the sweet gum pods, prickly and hard.  We are to sow in love.  We do not want to be considered ankle biters, but one who came in love to share the greatest love story out there. And just as the seed is dispersed from the sweet gum ball and new trees begin to grow, prayerfully, when we sow the seed of the gift of salvation and with the work of the Lord, we will see more and more believers born and growing. And just as I see the tall sweet gum trees around the pond, I know I will see strong Christian people in Heaven…maybe sitting around a pond with me, sharing stories.

“The sower sows the Word…”
Mark 4:14

No comments: