Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Friday, November 5, 2010

The Rock




            When you’re around a pond, you’re bound to see rocks.  And if you’re not wearing the proper footwear, you can get a rock in your shoe, as I did this particular day.  Ouch!  Ok, it was more like a pebble, but it got my attention and I had to sit down to remove it. 
            You know what happened…I started to ponder.  Rocks are hard, solid, and sturdy…just like my Lord, Jesus Christ.  The bible refers Him as the Rock in many places.
            ll Samuel 22:32 says,
            “For who is God besides the Lord?  And who is the Rock except our God?”
            My hearts daily desire is spoken in Psalm 19:14…
            “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
            And I love what Psalm 18:2 says…
            “The Lord is my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my Rock in whom I take refuge.”
            Yes, I have taken refuge in Him many times and when I do I feel safe and secure.  Because of asking Him to be my Rock and my Redeemer, I am rock solid in my salvation. I feel secure in my Fathers love.  I feel secure in His promises.  I feel secure in the fact that my heavenly home will be there when it is my time to go.  The Rock is the foundation of my marriage.  That is why it has lasted as long as it has.  Not because we have a perfect marriage.  It is not.  It could have easily crumbled with insecurities, selfishness, and immaturity had we not had the Rock as our foundation.
            Not because Keith and I are two perfect people.  We definitely are not.  We are two sinners saved by grace who invited the Rock into our lives when we were 9 and 12.  When we were married He was brought into that union.
            There have been times in the last 29 years I know the Lord was not pleased with our attitudes or how we handled things.  Like I said, Keith and I are not perfect people, but our foundation is solid as a Rock and that has given us the security that even though we made mistakes, the Lord was there to convict us, to fill us with grace and forgiveness for each other and our love has only grown stronger and deeper. 
            Neither one of us has ever had the fear of our marriage crumbling because we knew our foundation was strong.  Winds can come and blow and shake things around at times, but the house will not fall unless it’s built on sand as the story goes told by Jesus in Matthew 7:24-27…
            “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.  But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.  The rain cam down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
            Is your foundation feeling shaky?  Examine yourself and your situations.  Are you trusting in the Lord to be your rock, to hold you up, to give you strength, to guide you through tough times, to give you love and grace that you can pass on to others?  Or do you trust in something else; maybe in yourself, or your spouse, or someone else?  Do you trust only in your job for security?  Do you trust in your bank account, your education, etc…you fill in the blank.  If these things were to go, would you crumble?  Yes, we would be sad, and we would grieve, but would we be strong, because our foundation is built on the Rock, or would we crumble because it is not?
            I believe God put that rock in my shoe to remind me of all this because I was feeling a little shaky from circumstances that happened this day.  Once I removed the pebble from my shoe,  I  stood surefooted on the ground, smiling as I headed home knowing my Lord, my Rock was with me and He was never going to leave me.  I walked up the path humming an old hymn.  You may know it… “On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand; all other ground is sinking sand.”

“Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.”
Isaiah 26:4

No comments: