Welcome

Why a blog from me, someone who has never been a writer, someone who has never been articulate or had a solid grasp of the grammar world. Because God told me to write. Several years ago a life storm invaded my family. God kept telling me to write it all down. I argued, but He would not let up. This went on every day for a couple of weeks until one day out of frustration, (I'd like to say it was out of obedience), I picked up a pen and paper and wrote for 7 hours straight! Do you think maybe I needed therapy and God knew it?

I've been writing ever since and have learned to love it! I started out sharing my stories with friends and family. I've now been published in a Nashville church paper, Our Daily Journey (a devotional site of RBC Ministries), PCCWeb Daily Devotional, Ruby for Women Ezine Magazine, and I am a contributor in the book Alabaster Jars, Life in Abundance Collection 2.

Why Ponderings? During this life storm, God led me to a pond in the woods behind my home. There He met me each time, teaching new lessons, reminding me of old ones, showing His presence and allowing me to feel His love through the surroundings of that pond. I found myself returning over and over to ponder, pray and praise. A healing of my heart took place and out of the experience came my first book, Ponderings From the Pond, then a second book, Ponderings From My Porch, and now a third book is in the works along with a memoir about my storm.

Why am I making myself so vulnerable? Because God has done so much that I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to his desciples were, "Go,tell." We are his disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

I'm no scholar but I have heard God's voice in my spirit, experience His love daily, and have a desire for others to experience this also. I would love to share with all who visit and I would love to hear from you. If my sharing gets just one to ponder, to be quiet with the Father, to see and hear from Him or to be reminded of something from Him, then this is worth my vulnerability.

As you visit me, sometimes we will be at the pond, sometimes we will move to the front porch, and sometimes we will just be here, there, and yonder. Thank you for coming and please feel free to come back anytime, you are always welcome here.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

*****EXCITING NEWS*****

My first book, Ya Know What I'm Say'n, has been released.


Ponderings

Ponderings

Saturday, November 13, 2010

New Neighbors


When we moved into our Kentucky home from Oklahoma, we only had 2 neighbors to one side of us.  On the other side was a wooded lot that we really enjoyed.  Deer would sometimes run from the back 28 acres up through the woods beside us and cross the road and into the woods across the way.  It was such a sight!  I loved it!
            So when the bulldozers came, knocking down trees in that lot for a new home, my husband and I were sick!  There goes a little bit of our country, we thought.  The quiet we enjoyed would be a little less quiet.
            After we watched the trees come down, the land cleared and a new home erected, we met the single mother and her two little boys who moved in.
            I loved being a mother, having raised two boys of my own. I had gone through heartache the past two years watching my precious, oldest son making unwise choices and walking away from everything good.  God used a lot of things to heal my heart and bring joy back into my life, one being a little five year old boy. 
            He liked coming over to jump on our trampoline and I would watch and talk with him. He seemed to take a liking to me as I did to him. My new buddy has a real passion for wrestling, something I know nothing about.  He would bring his huge Elmo doll over and wrestle with him on my trampoline, teaching me the names of all the moves.  He’d tell me about the real wrestlers he watched on television. Sometimes he would let Elmo get him down and I would have to start the countdown, but before reaching ten, my buddy would always make it back up. I would clap my hands and cheer him on. We have sat under the trees, talking to each other and singing row, row, row your boat.  He was surprised I knew the song. We have sat on my sidewalk drawing and talking more.  We have played basketball in my driveway.  He is the cutest little guy and I have enjoyed his company so much!  He brings a smile to my face, a face that had not smiled much during the previous year.
            I prayed for this little boy and his family.  My own parents had divorced when I was about his age and I know what it feels like to have a family split apart.  What joy I felt when I realized his dad had moved in and his family was whole again.  This was just one more way of feeling hope that my own son would come back and be whole again. 
            It reminds me of what I already knew.  God knows best.  What I thought best was to leave the lot next door the way it was.  But God knew this little boy would bring smiles to my face and some joy into my heart.  I came to realize how greedy my previous thoughts had been.  It wasn’t or isn’t all about me.  I know this new home must have been a blessing for this family and I felt selfish for wanting that lot to stay full of trees and house free.
            So now when I feel I know best, I pray to remember the little guy next door and lay down my wants and desires before the Lord and be willing to receive God’s best.
            And you know what?  God still left hundreds of trees around me to enjoy.
            May I never begrudge someone their need, wants, or desires because of my selfishness.  Thank you Lord, for my precious little friend next door.

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

precious story but it stepped on my toes as well! I love the country and the trees! We always have to be open to what God will bring into our lives with the changes around us!